Are you an outstanding teacher? Are you constantly looking for new ways to engage and challenge young people in the class room? Do you want to inspire colleagues and share best practice?
Advantage TSA is delighted to offer the Outstanding Teacher Programme developed by OLEVI and accredited by the NCTL. The programme has a national reputation for improving standards in teaching and learning. It is delivered by our outstanding team of OLEVI accredited facilitators who are either ASTs or Senior Leaders responsible for Teaching and Learning. OLEVI’s Outstanding Teacher Programme gives good (and outstanding) teachers a set of high level skills and strategies that enable them to become consistently and sustainably outstanding.
The programme is comprised of five half day and two full day sessions. It is delivered through face-to-face facilitated sessions and classroom observations around the college. The session will focus on a range of teaching and learning aspects such as engagement, challenge, assessment, differentiation, questioning, reflection and planning. Participants will be expected to complete post-session tasks back in their own school or college, to consolidate ideas from each session and apply them to their own context.
Aims of OTP
- To develop a common language for teaching and learning
- To deepen understanding of outstanding classroom practice
- To raise performance in the classroom by encouraging creativity and developing more innovative practice
- To become a more reflective practitioner
- To develop coaching skills and develop the practice of others
This programme is open to teachers with the potential and capacity to deliver consistently outstanding lessons. Applicants need to:
- Be ‘Good’ with the potential to achieve ‘Outstanding’
- Have at least 3 years teaching experience
- Be a highly respected, inspiring professional who demonstrates high order interpersonal skills
- Have a commitment both to continuing their professional development and that of other staff
Participants become much more reflective about their teaching and much more aware of how to make their lessons consistently outstanding. This includes placing greater emphasis on: the purpose of the value of their lessons; raising levels of engagement in learning; the use of teaching styles to challenge learning; greater readiness to innovate and take risks; and more reflective planning
There is an expectation that participants will attend all of the sessions. The programme works best if two or more teachers attend from the same college. However, the programme is available to individuals if required.
Dates and times for OTP
|Tuesday 7th November 2019||9.30am – 4.30pm|
|Wednesday 20th November 2019||12.30pm – 4.30pm|
|Monday 9th December 2019||9.30am – 1.30pm|
|Tuesday 14th January 2020||9.30am – 4.30pm|
|Wednesday 15th January 2020||9.30am – 1.30pm|
|Tuesday 28th January 2020||12.30pm – 4.30pm|
|Friday 14th February 2020||9.30am – 1.30pm|
- Alliance members £520 per delegate
- Alliance members £480 per additional delegate from the same school
- Non-Alliance members £650 per delegate
- Non-Alliance members £600 per additional delegate from the same college
Please Note: Programme fees are non-refundable.
Please email AdvantageTSA@osfc.ac.uk to book places. In the email please include the following information: current school, subject (if relevant), role, and participant full name. Only 16 places are available, please book early to avoid disappointment.