This session aims to help people improve their listening skills for all areas of life but will particularly help when dealing with upset or emotional students.
- Why listening is so important.
- How to use non-verbal and verbal cues to enable the speaker to reflect, explore and problem solve
- Calming techniques for anxious/upset students,/li>
- Awareness of safeguarding procedures and how to maintain boundaries
- How to enhance your skills and avoid listening faux pas.
- The opportunity to practice and hone your skills in a safe, relaxed environment.
Who is this for?
Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Pastoral Teams, Pastoral Leads. All Key Stages.