The NPQSL programme is for current or aspiring senior leaders and runs for 4 full and 1 half day days over a 12 month period. All workshops will be held at Oldham Sixth Form College, and is delivered by Advantage Teaching School Alliance in partnership with Ambition Institute, Northern Alliance and The Harmony Trust Teaching School Alliance.
The main focus of this programme is the participant’s own leadership development, including how to make best use of tasks and tools to make the transition to senior leadership.
Participants will be assessed through a written assignment to ensure that they have reached the qualification requirements, plus, a viva interview to assess them against the more challenging interview Ambition bar.
The programme will consist of a series of training sessions, along with pre and post reading and an in-school impact project.
The workshops will include the following five core areas:
- Self-development and stepping up into senior leadership
- Strategy leadership using data
- Leadership of whole school CPD
- Teaching and learning improvements
- Horizon scanning an looking to the future
Dates and times for NPQSL workshops:
|Tuesday 19th November 2019||9.30am – 1.00pm|
|Monday 27th January 2020||9.30am – 4.00pm|
|Thursday 12th March 2020||9.30am – 4.00pm|
|Friday 26th June 2020||9.30am – 4.00pm|
|Friday 20th October 2020||9.30am – 4.00pm|
Gain a nationally accredited qualification
The programme support participants to submit for assesment for the NPQSL accredited by the Department for Education.
The programme includes access to all materials necessary for completion of NPQSL, and provides support throughout.
Assessment for this qualification is measured by:
- Achievement of the Department for Education competencies
- The strength of impact delivered in school and reflection on that process
- Completion of course elements
- A written assignment
- A viva interview
- Attend 4 full and 1 half day, high quality workshops. Workshops are lead by exceptional school leaders who have themselves, delivered sustained improvements in their schools or colleges.
- Plan their professional progress thought a 360° review designed to help identify strengths and areas for development.
- Receive support to plan and deliver a whole-school or curriculum area project as a vehicle for structuring their development.
- Share support and insight with a close-knit peer group of senior leaders on the programme, and be a part of Ambition School Leadership’s national network.
Applying for NPQSL
Applications are now open for our 2019/20 programme for those teaching in Secondary and post-16 settings.
To apply, please email AdvantageTSA@osfc.ac.uk. Applications need to be submitted by November 6th 2019